Skills and Talents
Markups/data: HTML, CSS/LESS, JSON, YAML, SQL + many more
Databases/stores: MySQL, MongoDB, Redis
Environment/Other: Node.js, Memcached, APC, Apache, nginx, Gearman, Linux internals, macOS, Docker, Kubernetes, Microservices, Scaling, Ansible
SharpSpring <https://sharpspring.com> is a marketing automation company that combines a CRM, an email platform, web tracking and landing pages into one package.
- Leading the engineering department, training & mentoring new engineers, ensuring projects meet technical goals, communicate and coordinate between product/design/support departments and resolve issues as they arise, strategize with CTO
- Interviewing, hiring and managing department
- Planning architectural changes, maintenance and addressing biggest technical concerns
- Designed processes for sprints, releases, team organization and code review
- Improved system stability by introducing Docker and Kubernetes plus MySQL/mongoDB/redis query optimization, service resiliency, datacenter migration to Google Cloud and a core email platform rewrite in Go
Grooveshark <http://grooveshark.com> was a music streaming service that allowed you to listen to any song you want for free. Boasting 30+ million monthly active users.
- Worked on scaling the service to 30 million users using performance-minded programming practices (frontend and backend).
- Planned, programmed and maintained both the public API used by third-parties for integration as well as the primary private API for the service.
- Led others working on backend features and internal tools.
- Helped develop real-time features like collaborative editable playlists and a collaborative listening experience named broadcast (frontend and backend).
- Lead PHP programmer & DBA on most projects and sites. Actively involved with the entire network: failover setup, firewall, managed switches, router, generator testing, and network provisioning.
- FuseJS JS framework
- LHM PHP db migrator
- okq reliable queue
- Talks at barcamp on scaling web apps and debugging on the web
- 50+ voluntary community service hours within the local community for food and toy delivery during Thanksgiving/Christmas
Network Administration at Daytona State College with honors
Classes toward a Computer Science degree
I find passion in interesting software and happiness in great friends and coworkers. My entrepreneurial nature is always craving a challenge and I take pride that I’ve been successful at filling that craving. Side software projects that deal with audio, queuing, performance and frameworks all fascinate me. While not programming, I really enjoy PC games, photography, traveling, music and Dungeons and Dragons.