5083 NW 1st Pl, Gainesville FL 32607 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Grooveshark <http://grooveshark.com> was a music streaming service that allowed you to listen to any song you want for free. Boasting 30+ million monthly active users, it was one of the biggest on-demand music streaming services.
- Worked on scaling the service to 30 million users using performance-minded programming practices (frontend and backend).
- Planned, programmed and maintained both the public API used by third-parties for integration as well as the primary private API for the service.
- Managed and led others working on backend features and internal tools.
Net Works <http://daytonanetworks.com> is a web development & data center company providing hosting services with failover support to provide premier development and hosting solutions.
- Actively involved with the entire network: failover setup, firewall, managed switches, router, generator testing, and network provisioning.
- Worked with the managed hosting servers and on-demand support for others, mainly consisting of Windows/IIS/PHP5/MySQL5 and Linux/Apache/PHP5/MySQL5. Also was the database administrator of the MSSQL 2005 server.
Forked the opensource Backbone.js to Bedrock with a streamlined object creation flow, performance improvements and bulk stripped out. Opensourced the initial okq code (a distributed go-based reliable event queueing).
50+ voluntary community service hours within the local community for food and toy delivery during Thanksgiving/Christmas.
Daytona State College with honors AS in Network Administration
Classes toward a Computer Science degree
At work, I find passion in interesting software and happiness in great coworkers. My entrepreneurial nature is always craving a challenge and I take pride that I’ve been successful at filling that craving. I’ve done a couple of talks on scaling web apps and debugging on the web that were enjoyable. Side software projects that deal with audio, queuing, performance and frameworks all fascinate me. While not programming, I really enjoy PC games, photography, traveling, music and adventuring outdoors.